Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 5:

This has been by far the best day so far. I really feel like I am getting use to what to snack on and what my meals will consist of. I had basically no hunger pains this day and felt great. I did a great workout that I wanted to post. I receive John Alvino's newsletter and will post some workouts from time to time. If you have never heard of him he is a well known fitness trainer who is also a writer for Men's Fitness. In his newsletter he was talking about getting a great workout without the use of the gym. I had an extremely busy day today and had no time to workout at the gym. I did have a break between two clients I was meeting at a local park so I tried the workout. It consisted of:
Push ups-as many as possible
Pistol Squats- as many as possible
Pull ups- as many as possible
25 yd sprint there and back
Wrist to Knee Sit ups- 20 reps

I went through the circuit 6 times with as little rest as possible. I felt great and it was a tough workout with no equipment except for a swing set bar I did the pull ups on.

Day 6:
This is my first high carb day. I did my best not to go too crazy with the carbs and to my suprise I really wasn't craving much. I went to a bbq so I did have some turkey burgers and chicken as well as some chips and dip and veggies. Despite some minor set backs I think I did pretty well. I mostly concerned that I will be craving carbs again after the weekend.

Day 7:
One week into the plan and I think I'm doing farely well. I am increasing the carbs but not overdoing it. I am still trying to stick with low glycemic load foods. I had some pretty good sushi for dinner. I also went on about a 4.5 mile run which felt really good with all the carbs I've been getting. Afterwards as usually I really enjoyed my post workout low fat chocolate milk. This is starting to become my favorite drink.

Day 8:
Ok back to the lower carb plan and I actually feel really good today. I thought I was going to be miserable with the hunger cravings but I was fine all day. I have noticed that I am eating a lot of cheese which I need to try and cut down alittle. Besides that I am actually starting to enjoy what I am eating. I also had a great workout again that I would like to share. I was performing complexes. What you do is use one piece of equipment and perform multiple exercises with it without stopping. Here was one that I performed today. I used an olympic bar with 25lb weights on each side:
1. Front squat to push press
2. Bent over rows
3. Deadlifts
4. Floor wipers

I went through the circuit 4 times with a 1 min break between each one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home