Monday, June 23, 2008

TNT Diet Day 1:

I recently have been reviewing the book the TNT Diet. It is basically a combination of low carb and hi carb diet days. It also stresses the importance of pre and post workout meals. The hardest part of an exercise program for most of my clients is the diet. I figured I would put my self through the diet and blog my experience. I will do my best to keep a daily log to report my progress.

What I decided to do was a lower carb diet Monday-Friday and a higher carb diet on the weekends. I have a number of weddings that I will be attending this summer so I will be on the diet from about 3-4 weeks. On my lower carb days I will try to have most of my carbs around my workouts. I will be working out 5-6 days per week. I will post some of my workouts.

To start my day I had 2 hard boiled eggs with a protein bar. It was an easy and quick breakfast before work. I worked out later that morning with a strength routine. 30 minutes before the workout I had 1/2 my protein shake consisting of a whey and casein protein blend with soy milk. Immediately after my workout I had the other half. My next snack was 2 string cheeses with a handful of almonds. My morning workout was cut short so I actually worked again with a core and kettle bell workout. After my 2nd workout, a few hours later, I had a salad with grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and low fat italian vinaigrette. I still feel pretty good. I was worried that I would be low energy but it was no problem. A little while later I'm starting to get hungry so I have a handful of trail mix. For dinner I have some grilled salmon and steamed broccoli. I thought I was still going to be hungry after but I felt pretty good. For a late night snack I have some low fat cottage cheese and strawberries.

Overall I feel fine with the meals. The snack were a little tough but not too bad. I am not keeping track of calories at all for this diet. I am eating when I am hungry and stopping when I feel satisfied. I am making sure that I am never stuffed.

If you are interested in learning more about this diet you can check out the book for yourself here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home